Raised Eyebrow is known for creative, thoughtful planning and implementation, and for taking an inquiry-based approach to all of our projects. We are committed to — and motivated by — lifelong learning, and our clients broaden our horizons constantly, fuelling our passion for the work that we do. We work primarily with non-profit organizations and the progressive sector to help them use the best digital tools to have a bigger impact.
We’re seeking a full-time developer who can collaborate with our team of information architects, strategists and designers to develop beautiful websites that are a pleasure to use. You’ll be joining a team of craftspeople who are devoted to doing their best work, while also making space for their passions outside of work time.
Responsibilities for this position:
- Developer who is very familiar with current Web Technologies (you tell us what those are);
- Collaborate with our team of strategists, information architects and designers to turn client needs into protoypes and fully functional websites;
- Build out Drupal and Wordpress CMS based websites from functional specifications;
- Translate photoshop templates into beautiful functioning websites;
- QA, Browser and Platform testing to produce an excellent final product.
What we’re looking for from you:
- You are a motivated developer with a positive attitude for problem solving.
- Minimum 2 years working with Drupal in a Development/Theming capacity;
- Minimum 1 year working with Wordpress in a Development/Theming capacity;
- Intermediate skills in: PHP, HTML, CSS and jQuery (There will be a test!);
- Experience with version control, Git preferred;
- Understanding of an ability to work on the full LAMP stack;
- Should have experience collaborating in the functional requirements gathering process;
- Should be comfortable estimating time and following a development schedule;
- Should also be comfortable with working on multiple projects at one time;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage workload.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with frameworks like Foundation and Bootstrap;
- Experience interfacing directly with customers/clients;
- Previous experience in an agency environment.
What we offer:
- A boutique agency, there are 9 of us currently, that works primarily in the non-profit, government and progressive business sectors.
- Specialization in digital — we don’t do print;
- Commitment to honest, high-quality work for high-quality clients;
- Devotees of standards-based, content-oriented web design;
- Constantly learning, striving to improve ourselves and share our knowledge with others;
- Primarily working in Drupal and Wordpress;
- We are a Living Wage Employer and were a finalist in the Small Business BC Best Employer category last year;
- A healthy & positive work environment (did we mention the no overtime policy?).
About the Position:
5 days a week salaried position with benefits package (medical, dental and profit sharing bonus structure) and professional development. Compensation is competitive.
How to Apply:
Please fill out this form to apply. No phone calls or emails please.
Deadline: Monday, March 31, 2014
You must be able to work in Vancouver to apply for this position.
It should really go without saying, but Raised Eyebrow is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome your application.